Pip the Mouse at The Liberty Bell Museum
Ages: 0 and up
Cost: $1 for children, $2 for adults Sunday (12/10) and Thursday (12/21) evening performances are Free
Features: Shopping, Restrooms
In December The Liberty Bell Museum Hosts special events for children to see the "Mouse Before Christmas" puppet show made famous by Hess' department store in the 1960's.
- Breakfast with Pip, Special event is one day only on December 9th 2017.
- Daily performances of the show are available throughout the month.
- Register early as reservations fill quickly for this nostalgic Christmas tradition.
- Shows are scheduled from November 24 - December 31st 2017, Monday - Saturday.
- Special evening shows are scheduled for Thursday December 21st at 5:30pm and 6:30pm
The breakfast menu will include pancakes, home fries, sausage links, juice, coffee, and tea. Each seating will be for 35 people; plan to be at the museum one and a half hours.
The cost for the breakfast, which includes admission to the museum and a performance of Pip: The Mouse Before Christmas, is $10.00 for adults and $5.00 for children. Please call 610-435-4232 for reservations.
About the Liberty Bell Museum
The Liberty Bell Museum, located in the Zion church in Allentown is famous for being the hiding place of the Liberty Bell during the Revolutionary war. The museum features changing exhibits and is home of the classic Lehigh Valley holiday favorite Pip the Mouse! This is a "look with your eyes" museum, all ages are welcome but older children will get most from this trip.
At the Liberty Bell Museum you will find...
- An exact replica copy of the Liberty Bell … that you can ring!
- Wilmer Behler’s hand-painted mural telling the story of the hiding of the bells
- Allentown’s own “liberty bell,” cast in 1769
- Revolutionary War and Colonial America exhibits
- “Pip the Colonial Mouse”
Reviewed on 01/08/2015
Wow! I know this is over for the season, but when I saw that it had no reviews, I just couldn't let that stand. Pip the Mouse is wonderful! My kids have both loved it from toddlerhood on. My almost-2-year old still talks about how "Pip got it!" whenever Swiss cheese comes up. :) The wonderful people who keep this going make you feel welcome in a way that is almost unimaginable given how many times they do this over the course of several...more