2018 Heirtage Weekend and Fireworks
Friday, July 6
• 7 p.m., Music in the Park, Pennsylvania Villagers. Polka is one of Pennsylvania’s favorite past times and the Pennsylvania Villagers are keeping the polka tradition alive, while expanding their repertoire to include other genres. Their ability to play such a wide variety of music for over 40 years have led them to become known as one of the top dance bands in the area, not with just polka fans, but with music lovers from country to oldies.
Saturday, July 7
• 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Miller Keystone Blood Mobile
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., LDI Farmers Market
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Antiques Appraisal Clinic. Have your items verbally appraised by antiques expert, Harry L. Rinker. Fee is $10 for one item, $15 for two items. (Limit two items per person) Guests are welcome to watch the event throughout the day at 110 N. Third St. in Pfc. Houser Building Annex. Call 610-730-0041 to purchase tickets. Spaces are limited.
• 7 p.m., Music in the Park, The Belle Tones. The Belle Tones are an All-American female trio that sings, dances, tells jokes, and honors our Veterans. These versatile entertainers are a hit wherever the group performs. Influenced by the great groups in music history, their repertoire includes popular music from the 1920s, ’30s, ’40s, ’50s, ’60s, ’70s and ’80s as well as countless patriotic tunes, Broadway classics, jazz and holiday music.
• 10 p.m., fireworks. From just about anywhere in town, view Lehighton’s Third Annual Fireworks Spectacular Show. There will be food/refreshments in the borough park.
Sunday, July 8
• 10 a.m., church in the park. Join several local churches for a multidenominational service. Located at the Lehighton Park Amphitheater, the morning will consist of worship, music, refreshments and fellowship. Everyone is welcome.
• 2 p.m., heritage weekend coaster race. Racing originated in Lehighton in the 1920s, and now the tradition continues for the youth of the town to feel the thrill of the ride. Cheer on your favorite racer and see the craftsmanship that goes into building a coaster car. The race takes place on North Second Street. To register for the race, contact Rocky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone with questions regarding the 2018 Lehighton Heritage Weekend may contact the Lehighton Borough Parks & Recreation Board at email@example.com, on Facebook at Lehighton Borough Events, 610-377-4002 Ext. 211 or www.lehightonborough.com.